Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I AM AN AMERICAN - ARE YOU?

My birth certificate says that I was born at approximately 12:15 AM on July 15, 1940,
in Canonsburg Hospital, Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, USA. Son of Nancy Virginia O'Donnell-
Richey and Charles Wilbert Richey, Sr., the firstborn of their union. Both of my parents
were (now deceased) natural-born Americans, of Scotch-Irish and German-English
descent. Actually, a family tree done many years ago establishes me as a descendant
of a king! Whether of Scottland or Ireland, I don't recall.
Canonsburg, my birth city, may sound familiar to you, as it is also the home of some
entertainers of note, namely Perry Como, Bobby Vinton (the Polish Prince), and the
Four Coins singing group.
I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! Thank God for being born here instead of some
other places where life would not have been so good, if you know what I mean. My
mother often remarked how that often as a child still in the crib, I would stand whenever
I would hear our national anthem playing. Precocious, hey? I have always felt my
heart flutter and my pride rise when seeing the flag go by during a parade or a color
guard presentation.
I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! My country has come to the rescue numerous
times during my lifetime, to help the needy, nurse the sick, rescue the perishing, and
to intervene when injustices were being perpetrated upon innocent and helpless peoples.
I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! I love saying the pledge of allegiance, singing
partiotic songs, honoring our military, and visiting historical sites where our freedoms
were bought and fought for.
I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! I've seen the "amber waves of grain", the "purple
mountains' majesty", the "fruited plains", and many of our nations' "shining seas", and
I've been awed by their beauty and grandeur!
ARE YOU AN AMERICAN? Whether born here or naturalized by becoming a citizen,
I pray that you appreciate the blessings you've been given by God to live in this great
country. And if you're not yet a citizen, you would do yourself a favor by taking the
steps to become one, enjoying the full privileges of what few other peoples can claim.
To my point - the person now residing in the White House has refused to provide proof
of his nationality and birth. Repeated requests by numerous individuals have been met
with either deaf ears or curious attempts to ridicule why anyone would question his
origin. He claims to have been born in one Hawaiian hospital, while his sister stated that
he was born in a different Hawaiian hospital. His paternal grandmother is reported to
have been in the room in Kenya when he was born. A "Certificate Of Live Birth" has
circulated, which is nothing more than a legal instrument to enable one to apply for
a driver's license, or do any of a number of legal activities - it is not the same as a
"Birth Certificate"!
All of the suspicion and questions could be easily put to rest if he would only come
forth and display his actual, legal, American birth certificate, that is, if indeed such a
document exists! Mr. President, prove yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment